*ORGANIZERS-The deadline for the Omnibus that prints in the May Whip is March 15 (for shows/events July 1-December 31). Deadline for the Omnibus that prints in the November Whip is September 15 (for shows/events January 1-June 30). Your Omnibus MUST be listed on the ADS site by deadline to be included in print publications.
To organize an ADS Recognized Event, click on the Omnibus and select your event from the right side menu. Once your ADS Event Date Application has been paid, your event will be added to the ADS Calendar. The next step is filling out an Omnibus Form and sending it to your TD or Safety Officer for approval. Submit your completed and approved form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Blank Omnibus Forms can be found by clicking on Organizers Forms.
The American Driving Society, Inc. (ADS) recognizes Pleasure Driving Shows, multiple types of Combined Driving Events, Driven Dressage Shows, and Recreational Drives across North America. When your show, event or drive receives ADS RECOGNIZED status, you receive the support of an organization that has educated, administrated, publicized, and supported carriage driving for 45 years.
ADS Recognized Event Benefits:
- The ADS Rulebook which is reviewed and updated annually.
- ADS Officials who have been trained and licensed by ADS to stringent competition
- ADS competition policies and procedures that include Para-Driver Dispensations.
- ADS liability insurance that covers all ADS Members and volunteers at your event.
- Listing in the Omnibus, a print and online publication that carries the most up-to-date
listings and changes for carriage driving competition.
- The ADS Organizer’s Handbook for Pleasure Driving Shows, the ADS Combined Driving
Organizer’s Guide, and the Organizer’s Guide for planning an ADS Recreational Drive.
- Use of ADS Driven Dressage and Reinsmanship tests.
- Training modules for event volunteers.
- Access to our library of forms for conducting ADS events.
- Results listed on the ADS website
- 10% off all advertising in The Whip.
- A free eblast about your event to all ADS members, 10% discount on future eblasts.
- Inclusion in ADS’ online calendar and The Whip Event Calendar.
- Competitors will be eligible to use the results of your event toward our award and
recognition programs: ADS Driven Dressage Awards, ADS Preliminary & Intermediate
Calculated Championships, and ADS Youth Championships.
- Competitors can be confident the event will be run by ADS rules and standards.
- ADS-recognized shows are eligible to apply for the ADS North American Championships
(see application criteria).
What does it cost?
ADS Competition Fees are based on the number of days of actual competition.
I day: $100
2 day: $150
3 day: $200
4 day or more: $250
For FEI or USEF events, Omnibus listing ONLY: $200*
*Organizers must send proof of $1,000,000 Liability Insurance Policy to email@example.com
ADS-recognized Recreational Drives are charged $50.
Printed Omnibus Submission Deadlines
Events held July to December, applications and Omnibus submissions due March 15.
Events held January to June, applications and Omnibus submissions due September 15.
*If an Omnibus entry is not submitted by the organizer and approved by the TD, it will NOT be printed.
Non-Member Fees, Explained
All drivers at ADS-recognized events must be current ADS members or pay the required non- member fee.
Non-member fees are as follows:
- $30 for all Combined Driving Events, Driving Trials, Pleasure Driving Shows, and Combined Tests offered at those events.
- $15 for Arena Trials, Driving Derbies, Recreational Drives and Combined Tests offered at those events.
An ADS Non-Member Credit Voucher is used as a receipt to acknowledge that the money received from a non-member fee may offset the cost of a current year ADS membership.